Picket fences come in a wide variety of materials, but the most common are vinyl and wood.
Vinyl fences are the most common form of picket fence since they are inexpensive, don’t require maintenance and can provide adequate security to your home and yard. Most vinyl picket fences are white, but they can be other colors.
Wood fencing is a good alternative to vinyl for picket fences. Depending on the style of wood picket fence, it will provide the same amount of privacy as a vinyl picket fence.
Some benefits of picket fencing:
- Picket fences can help to make your home more friendly and safe.
- Picket fences are also good if you have pets.
- Picket fences can be put up in either your front yard, back yard, or both.
- Picket fencing is also a good form of security and will at the least set a boundary of where your yard is.
- Picket fences will help to make sure that you don’t have any unwanted people entering your property or messing up your lawn.
Picket fences can be either prefabricated and installed, or created from scratch depending on your project. You will most commonly see picket fences in suburban neighborhoods where the yards are connected. Picket fences help to set a boundary where your property begins and ends.